ORGANIC SUPER FOOD
What does "Organic" mean?
Organic products are grown in environmentally friendly ways. Toxic or persistent pesticides and other agricultural chemicals are prohibited. There is a focus on renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality. The label "organic" denotes products produced under the authority of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Organic Rule. And, according to the USDA , "The principal guidelines for organic production are to use materials an practices that enhance the ecological balance of natural systems and that integrate the parts of the farming system into an ecological whole"
10 Reasons to eat Organic:
1. Avoid chemicals
2. Benefit from more nutrients
3. Enjoy better taste
4. Avoid GMO (genetically modified organism)
5. Avoid hormones, antibiotics and drugs in animal products
6. Preserve our ecosystems
7. Reduce pollution and protect water and soil
8. Preserve agricultural diversity
9. Support farming directly
10. Keep our children and future safe